- Concrete/Wood Ramp
- Electric Power
- Sheetrock Hung and Finished
- Tile Installed
- Vanities Installed
- Cabinet’s Installed
- Fixtures: plumbing/lighting/receptacles
- Alarms Installed
- Doors Installed
- Windows Installed
As this school year is coming to the end, I would like to reflect upon how God has touched these teens’ lives. We’ve had a good year. The girls arrived last September; some with tears in their eyes, others reluctantly, others afraid, and some with a smile. I don’t think any of them knew quite what God had in store for them this year: more tears as they grieved past wounds, overcoming fears and learning bravery, accepting circumstances, and choosing life. None of us know just what God has in store for us – what’s around the next corner. But He is in control. Our prayer is these girls, our staff and our friends will learn to rest and trust in God as we near each curve, bump or hill on our path.
With the highs and the lows of this journey, the girls have grown. They have grown in the knowledge and love of the Lord. They have grown to love themselves a little more than yesterday. They are continuing to grow. A seed has been planted in each of them. It is being watered by the Holy Spirit. As it grows, they are healing and being set free by the truth.
“Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 14:6
I pray that we each step forward in truth, and that we allow the Holy Spirit to water our seed of faith. With our growth, we are healed and our chains are broken so that we may experience the freedom of walking in a true relationship with The Father.
As I was reading in Hebrews this verse stood out to me.
“Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” Hebrews 4:16
This is so appropriate for what takes place at Agape House with our teens as they come to understand the value of who they are in Christ.
- The girls enjoyed a few days away during the snow storm and weather we had. They went to staff homes and had a blast going to the Y, baking and playing games. It was a delightful time of bonding and fellowship for the girls and staff alike.
- Last weekend we were having some mechanical issues with our van and took the opportunity to do some team building activities with the girls. It was really amazing to see some of them jump head first into working together. Our first activity was promoting kindness. Each girl (and staff) picked a name from the bowl and had to secretly do an act of kindness for that person. It was so cute watching them do things for each other while trying to throw off the person they had by doing acts of kindness to all of the girls.
- Every quarter we mail out our newsletters. This past weekend the girls spend their Saturday getting the newsletters prepped to mail. I could hear them laughing and chatting away each time I would pass through. It’s a blessing to see the girls helping and giving back to all those who support and hold us up in prayer.
To see our newsletter, click here: Agape Connection Feb 2019
- As it gets further in the school year and closer to the time girls will start going home we, as staff, are stepping back and giving the girls more personal responsibilities. Our prayer is that the girls will respond well and grasp the life lessons we are teaching that will aid them not just through this time in their lives, but throughout their entire lives.
- Many of the students who come here are hurting in one way or another. It’s difficult for them to receive love, it’s something they don’t understand. Pray for our students to understand God’s perfect love and how much He truly loves them. It’s only when they truly understand His love are they able to receive love from others in a healthy way.
- The girls are struggling with sitting through the church service on Sundays. Please pray that the girls will have a hunger for the Lord and a desire to know Him more.
“Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good;
His love endures forever.”
1 Chronicles 16:34
Our annual 5k event will be here before you know it, and we hope that you are all able to participate in one way or another! Our goal is to celebrate Child Abuse Prevention Month, which is April, and bring awareness about child abuse to the community. We’ve had as many as 300 people (including children) participate in the past; and this is a great event for families! For more information or to register click HERE – for registration, scroll down to the green ‘Register’ button.
Dear Friends – Happy New Year!
“I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well.” ~ Psalm 139.14
We pray that the New Year has opened doors to God’s marvelous works for you! At Agape House we are seeing His light shining through so many people as we all come alongside of the residents/students, in so many ways, as we give God all the praise and glory.
PLEASE NOTE: We are in need of lunch servers on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday (29, 30 & 31 of January) due to the 5th week of the month. If you are able and willing to provide a lunch meal that week, please contact Debby at 262.275.6466.
Blessings to each one of you . . .
- The girls have been playing many games together. It’s so sweet walking into the multipurpose room and seeing groups of girls playing card games, others playing board games and all enjoying themselves. They do enjoy beating staff at the games as well.
- In the home we have a level system where the students can earn privileges for different things. One girl was very surprised and excited when she learned she is moving up a level this week. She said she thought she’d never get there. God has been working so gently in their lives. It’s so neat to watch the Lord changing their hearts slowly and ever so softly. Many times they don’t even realize the changes they are making in their choices.
- The girls received so many wonderful Christmas gifts this year through the generosity of so many of you! They enjoyed a Christmas pajama party to celebrate together before going home for Christmas. They were just as excited to open a box of AA batteries as they were for the games and other items! Thank you so much for your investment in the lives of our girls. You truly make a difference.
- As each girl becomes more comfortable with the program and staff she starts to share her heart and past. We’ve had a lot of deep hurts come up lately. Please intercede for the girls. So many of them are hurting and struggling to process in a healthy way. Please pray that the girls would be able to bring their struggles to staff and that the Lord would give them the words to verbalize what’s going on.
- After the holidays it’s hard for the girls to face being here for six more months. They enjoy their time away from school and celebrating. Please pray for patience and a desire to continue growing and healing.
- Family counseling sessions are key for the healing process of our students and their families. Please pray for wisdom for the counseling staff as they bring families together to strengthen and heal.
Thank you for coming!
We would like to thank everyone who came yesterday to our Christmas Open House and Bazaar! The refreshments and fellowship were delightful. People were able to purchase Christmas presents for others and there were many pies going out the door! Our girls enjoyed singing Christmas carols throughout the day. Thank you for blessing us in so many ways, from purchasing gifts, spending time with the girls and giving of your time and talents. You are all such a large part of Agape and we are deeply grateful to and for you.
Come celebrate the warmth & wonder of Christmas at our
Agape Christmas Open House
& Holiday Gift Bazaar!
Sunday, December 2, 2018
1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
215 S Main St, Walworth, WI
Enjoy an afternoon of Christmas delight with caroling, cookies and crafts.
We’ll have our Sanctuary decorated for the holidays;
cookies, coffee and warm cider to share, songs to sing,
and lots of gifts to purchase for special people in your life!
Creation Calls for Praise
What a surprise to wake up and look outside the window to see a beautiful blanket of snow on the ground while the snow was still softly falling. The trees were gorgeous with the sparkling snow. Although, I am not a fan of the cold, I couldn’t help but be thankful for the snow. Creation simply calls for praise! How can it stay silent?
We have been blessed in so many ways and are thankful for each of you who keep us lifted up in prayer!
Praise God for:
- The spirit of compassion the girls have. They have been brainstorming different ways to use their time and talents to bless others in the upcoming weeks. It’s such a joy to watch them growing and become more of who God created them to be.
- Continued blessings. God has continued to bless us in big and small ways; from providing specific groceries to general needs, His hand has provided for our spoken and unspoken needs. Thank you for lifting us up in prayer!
- The unity among staff. We have been blessed with staff who are willing to do what it takes to keep communication open and prayer a priority.
Please pray for:
- The girls who have recently accepted the Lord into their lives to continue growing in their walk with the Lord.
- Wisdom for school staff and volunteers as they walk alongside the girls in their education.
- The families of Agape, staff and girls. Both have lost loved ones in the past few weeks. Pray for comfort and peace as they mourn their loss.
Can you give of your time & talents?
Call 262-745-1882 if you have questions.
These items can be dropped off at any time; please ask for a Donation Form
at the school office to complete with the following information:
- Description of Donated Item
- Value of Item Donated
- Name (and Business, if applicable) of Donor
- Phone Number of Donor
- Email of Donor
- Mailing Address so we can send you a donation receipt/thank you
Thank you for your consideration of this request!