As I was reading in Hebrews this verse stood out to me.
“Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” Hebrews 4:16
This is so appropriate for what takes place at Agape House with our teens as they come to understand the value of who they are in Christ.
- The girls enjoyed a few days away during the snow storm and weather we had. They went to staff homes and had a blast going to the Y, baking and playing games. It was a delightful time of bonding and fellowship for the girls and staff alike.
- Last weekend we were having some mechanical issues with our van and took the opportunity to do some team building activities with the girls. It was really amazing to see some of them jump head first into working together. Our first activity was promoting kindness. Each girl (and staff) picked a name from the bowl and had to secretly do an act of kindness for that person. It was so cute watching them do things for each other while trying to throw off the person they had by doing acts of kindness to all of the girls.
- Every quarter we mail out our newsletters. This past weekend the girls spend their Saturday getting the newsletters prepped to mail. I could hear them laughing and chatting away each time I would pass through. It’s a blessing to see the girls helping and giving back to all those who support and hold us up in prayer.
To see our newsletter, click here: Agape Connection Feb 2019
- As it gets further in the school year and closer to the time girls will start going home we, as staff, are stepping back and giving the girls more personal responsibilities. Our prayer is that the girls will respond well and grasp the life lessons we are teaching that will aid them not just through this time in their lives, but throughout their entire lives.
- Many of the students who come here are hurting in one way or another. It’s difficult for them to receive love, it’s something they don’t understand. Pray for our students to understand God’s perfect love and how much He truly loves them. It’s only when they truly understand His love are they able to receive love from others in a healthy way.
- The girls are struggling with sitting through the church service on Sundays. Please pray that the girls will have a hunger for the Lord and a desire to know Him more.
“Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good;
His love endures forever.”
1 Chronicles 16:34
Our annual 5k event will be here before you know it, and we hope that you are all able to participate in one way or another! Our goal is to celebrate Child Abuse Prevention Month, which is April, and bring awareness about child abuse to the community. We’ve had as many as 300 people (including children) participate in the past; and this is a great event for families! For more information or to register click HERE – for registration, scroll down to the green ‘Register’ button.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]